If you are an employer and looking to hire veterans, please give our Veteran Program Director, Patricia Flucas a call at 816-410-9252 x709 or by email to PFlucas@transitions4life.net.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR SERVICE
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM?
- Any veteran that has served in the United States Military regardless of length of service or type of discharge.
- Veteran must provide proof of service by showing Form DD214 or Letter of Service from the VA
- Veteran will be provided 10 business days to obtain and provide documentation.
- Veteran must be able to care for the basic daily needs with reasonable accommodations provided.
VA HOUSING PROGRAM GUIDELINES
- All program participants must be a veteran regardless of length of service or discharge type. Participants must provide DD214 or letter of service within 10 business days.
- Participants must have a source of income or actively participating in job readiness programs.
- All participants that have issues with substance use are required to attend a minimum of three meetings a week.
- All participants will be required to remain clean and sober while in the program and willing to submit to random drug and alcohol screenings.
- All participates will be required to pay a fee that will not exceed 30% of their monthly adjusted income.
- All participants must sign a month to month lease.
- Participants will be required to participate in all program training.
- All participants will be required to participate in all case management activities.
- Participation in the program will be up to 18 months not to exceed 24 months. **exceptions are made on case by case basis.
Ready to get started?
Apply Now! All applications are reviewed within 24-48 hours. You can click the link and apply online or you can download an application here and drop it off at our office located at 800 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111